The Centre for Human Rights and Social Advancement (www.cefsan.org) is a non-profit, non-governmental and non-partisan human rights organization founded in December 2016 and registered with the Nigeria’s Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in March 2017. The Centre is working towards the promotion of human rights, democracy and good governance in Nigeria. It has its headquarters in Kano – Nigeria.
The aims of the organization include:
1. To educate Nigerian citizens to understand and defend their fundamental rights and freedom.
2. To monitor, document and report human rights violations in Nigeria.
3. To provide free legal assistance to indigent victims of human rights abuses.
4. To conduct research and analysis on matters that directly or indirectly affects the subject of human rights in Nigeria.
5. To observe and monitor the conduct of elections in Nigeria.
6. To encourage and build the capacity of other Civil Society Groups working in the areas of human rights.
7. To carry out campaigns and enlightenment programmes on peace and religious tolerance in Nigeria
8. To sponsor and/or support programmes and/or activities aiming at promoting human rights, democracy and good governance in Nigeria.
9. To raise funds and receive donations or contributions for the projection and achievement of the aims of the organization.
10. To collaborate and network with local/international organizations and institutions having similar aims with the CEFSAN.
· CEFSAN has Board of Trustees
· An Advisory Board
· A Governing Board headed by Executive Director
· Secretariat Staff
1. Human Rights
3. Good Governance
4. Peace and Security
Board of Trustees:
1. Auwal Salisu -Chairman
2. Hannatu A. Muhammad, Esq – Member
3. Comrade Musa Yahaya – Member
4. Abba Bello Ahmed – Member
5. Yusha’u Sani Yankuzo, Esq – Secretary
· Yusha’u Sani Yankuzo, Esq – Executive Director
· Abdullahi Bindawa -Project Advisor
· Oluwatosin Francis -Program Manager
· Umar Isa Sulaiman, Esq -Litigation Manager
· Abba Bello Ahmed -Admin/Finance Manager
· Hannatu A. Muhammad, Esq -Senior Litigation Officer
· Abdulkadir Musa Hausawa -Senior Program Officer
· Salisu M. Indabawa -Senior M & E Officer
· Sadare Macaulay -Media/Communication Officer
· Hassan Idris, Esq -Litigation Officer
· Zakariyya M. Awwal, Esq -Litigation Officer
· Maryam Salihu -Program Officer
· Fatima Nuhu -Admin Assistant
1. Bawa Ahmad Sani, Esq
2. Aminu S. Muhammad, Esq
3. Sani Aminu Abba
4. Musa Waliy Fagge